Fargo Safe Routes to School Plan
Project Update – City of Fargo Safe Routes to School Plan is in the adoption phase!
Fargo SRTS project staff completed a Final Draft of the City of Fargo Safe Routes to School Plan.
The Plan has been presented to the West Fargo School District Planning & Development Committee and the Fargo Public School Board Cabinet. On Tuesday, February 4th the SRTS Plan will be presented to the Fargo Planning Commission. On Monday, February 10th the Plan was adopted by the Fargo City Commission.
On Thursday, February 13th Metro COG presented the SRTS Plan to the Transportation Technical Committee for recommendation to the Metro COG Policy Board on Thursday, February 20th. On February 20th, 2020, the Policy Board adopted the City of Fargo Safe Routes to School Plan.
Download the plan here:
If you have any questions about the Plan or how your jurisdiction or school district can have a Plan completed, reach out to project staff at Metro COG with any additional questions or comments.
701-532-5106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OVERVIEW WITH GOALS:
The last Fargo Safe Routes to School Plan was adopted in December 2009. After nearly a decade, the Fargo Safe Routes to School Plan needed an update. This plan updates the previous plan by including newly constructed schools and identifying areas of improvement surrounding each school throughout the City of Fargo. This plan also provides guidance on new installations, improvements, and suggested routes to each school.
Plan Objectives (Outcomes/Goals)
- Increase the health and physical activity of students in the City of Fargo
- Provide educational resources for students, staff, parents, and guardians
- Increase the safety of students in the City of Fargo
- Increase the percent of students that walk and/or bicycle to school
Plan Objectives (Methods/Deliverables)
- Establish identifiable safe routes to school for the schools identified in the 2020 Fargo Safe Routes to School Plan
- Establish a prioritized list of projects, policies, and educational programs that can be implemented at individual schools
- Establish a prioritized list of projects, policies, and educational programs that can be implemented across the City of Fargo
- Establish a strategy for integrating SRTS into decision-making processes for the selection of new school locations and school expansions