2019 Planning Internship
Closing date: 1/30/2019
- Assist Metro COG with the collection of field data and field observations for Metro COG’s Fargo Safe Routes to School Plan
- Assist Metro COG with collection, analysis, and maintenance of data and other information used for roadway studies, transit studies, comprehensive plans, metro-wide reports, and/or any other special projects.
- Assist with Metro COG’s traffic counting and bicycle/pedestrian counting activities. This could include field observations & counts, counts via recorded video, and/or setup of various counting equipment.
- Assist Metro COG by providing support to Metro COG’s various committees. This could include meeting notes, agenda packet preparation, and/or any other meeting and committee assistance.
- Assist Metro COG with events and agency outreach. This could include public meeting assistance, workshop/conference assistance, and/or assistance with other Metro COG-related events.
- Assist Metro COG with organization of records, physical and electrical filing, and other similar activities.
- Assist Metro COG with other duties as assigned.
The length of the internship as currently authorized is for the remainder of 2019; however, many of the needs for the position will occur in the spring of 2019. The exact duration and compensation of the internship would be finalized upon selection of a preferred candidate.
- Undergraduate or graduate level experience or course work in political science, planning, engineering, public relations, geography, or related field.
- 16 to 32 hours per week
- $15 per hour depending on qualifications
- No benefits
- Mileage for field work is reimbursed