Responses due: 1/28/2020
Purpose of Request
The purpose of this RFP is to receive competitive proposals from qualified consultant teams with expertise in developing Federal Transit Administration (FTA) compliant five-year Transit Development Plans (TDP). Transit service in the FM Region is currently operated jointly, through an agreement, by the Cities of Fargo, ND and Moorhead, MN under the Metro Area Transit (MATBUS) banner. MATBUS, the designated recipient of FTA 5307 funding in the Fargo Moorhead Region, and Metro COG, the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for the Fargo Moorhead Area, are seeking consultants to update the MATBUS Transit Development Plan.
This update should integrate the recommendations of studies that have occurred in the last five years, as well as evaluate the impact of new service options, such as:
- Closed-door commuter service
- High-capacity/frequency corridors
- Localized demand response service
- Integrating arterial service options, and
- Other options that would increase and broaden transit service throughout the region.
The analysis of the transit system and subsequent recommendations could address items, such as:
- The use or implementation of new technologies not currently in use in the FM Area
- Utilizing different fleets to accomplish service demands
- New forms of transit service, or
- Other methods to address regional transportation needs from a public mass transit perspective.
The objective of the MATBUS 2021-2025 Transit Development Plan is to:
1. Evaluate current MATBUS policies and operations in regards to providing transit service
within the Fargo-Moorhead Region,
2. Identify transit needs of the community,
3. Analyze new service strategies and technologies in order to provide enhanced transit
service to the public,
4. Demonstrate compliance with Federal, state, and local transit expectations (which
includes all Federally required components such as the CHSTP),
5. Address Federal Performance management and standards, as well as develop an internal
performance based program for evaluating decision-making using a data forward
6. Provide MATBUS staff and leadership with goals/recommendations to implement over
the course of the next five-years.
Project Contact Information
Fargo-Moorhead Metropolitan Council of Governments
Case Plaza, Suite 232
1 - 2nd Street North
Fargo, ND 58102