Now Hiring - Transportation Planning Intern
NOW HIRING - TRANSPORTATION PLANNING INTERN
Metro COG is currently seeking applicants to fill the position of Transportation Planning Intern. The position is temporary and part time, but will range from 15-40 hours per week, depending upon availability. Further information is provided below.
Position: Transportation Planning Intern
Position duties will include working with our full-time staff on some or all of the following:
- Verification of new bikeways and shared use paths (locations and characteristics) in Dilworth, Fargo, Horace, Moorhead, and West Fargo, by gathering data that will be used to update bikeway information in GIS.
- Study of the Heartland Trail through Clay County and organization of Heartland Trail Task Force meetings.
- Research for and preparation of local plans and/or zoning ordinances for communities in the vicinity of the metro area.
- Preparation of a digital Metro COG newsletter by writing articles and compiling graphics.
- Collection, analysis, and maintenance of data and other information used for roadway studies, transit studies, comprehensive plans, metro-wide reports, and/or any other special projects.
- Traffic counting and bicycle/pedestrian counting activities. This could include field observations & counts, counts via recorded video, and/or setup of various counting equipment.
- Provide support to Metro COG’s various committees. This could include meeting notes, agenda packet preparation, and/or any other meeting and committee assistance.
- Public engagement events and agency outreach. This could include public meeting assistance, workshop/conference assistance, pop-up booths, and/or assistance with other Metro COG-related events.
- Organization of records, physical and electrical filing, and other similar activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
The length of the internship as currently authorized is for the remainder of 2021 and all of 2022. The exact duration and compensation of the internship would be finalized upon selection of a preferred candidate.
Minimum Qualifications: Undergraduate or graduate level; experience or course work in planning, engineering, geography, landscape architecture or related field. Experience with and capabilities in Adobe programs such as Photoshop and InDesign as well as social media postings are desirable. Basic knowledge of ArcGIS is desirable.
Time: 10 – 15 hours per week during the school year (or more if time permits) and 30-40 hours per week during the summer. Hours are flexible, particularly during the school year, and will be arranged in collaboration with supervisory staff.
Wage: $16-18 per hour depending on qualifications. No benefits. Mileage for field work will be reimbursed.
Contact: Interested individuals should send a resume describing education and past work experience with a cover letter. Please describe availability both during the school year and during the summer months in the cover letter. Send to Cindy Gray, Executive Director, FM Metro COG, 1 2nd Street N, Suite 232, Fargo, ND 58102; or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also submit a Metro COG Application and Title VI EOE Survey
Application Closing Date: Wednesday, June 30 at 5:00 PM.
It is the continuing policy of FM Metro COG to afford equal opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their sex, race, creed, disability or national origin, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoffs, recall from layoffs, discipline, and agency-sponsored educational, social, recreational programs. Additionally, it is the policy of this agency to provide its members a viable means for communicating and resolving grievances and complaints regarding unlawful discriminatory employment practices. Any employee of the FM Metro COG who fails to comply with this policy is subject to appropriate disciplinary action.